Due to advances in medical technology, our society is blessed with an increasing average life span. Unfortunately, along with this comes the concern about our health and long term care needs.
There are many reasons people purchase long term care insurance. Do any of these apply to you?
1.Guarantee your choice of care and caregivers
2.Protect your assets and standard of living
3.Leave more assets to your family, church, charity etc..
4.Increased peace of mind
5. Preserve your independence
What are the risks?
- 75% of couples will have at least one spouse in a nursing home. (The Wall Street Journal April, 2000).
- The national average cost of a private room in a nursing facility has increased by 8% from 2002 to 2003. (Met Life Market Survey of Nursing Homes & Home Health Care Costs, August 2003).
- More than ½ of all women and 1/3 of all men who survive to age 65 are expected to spend time in a nursing facility before they die. (Wall Street Journal, 2/21/01).
- At ages 50-54, 89% of men and 79% of women are insurable. By ages 65-69, only 74% of men and 71% of women are insurable. (1996 Medical Expenditures Panel Survey)
To order your Long Term Care Planning Tool Kit, visit the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services web site at www.longtermcare.gov.
For more information, call your advisor at IMG. We represent you and work with some of the top companies to provide quality service and support.